Many people Buy Essential Oils because they enjoy the beautiful fragrance the oils create around their home and office, and nowadays even more people are turning to 100% pure essential oils for the benefits on a person’s emotions, body and soul.
When you are buying oils for healing and holistic self treatment, you must invest in the best quality oil. Not all oils are created equal and if you are using the oils on your own body, you want to make sure that you receive the maximum benefit.
Because essential oils are highly concentrated Wholesale Essential Oils extracted from flowers, herbs, peels, leaves, bark and resins, they also contain the “life force energy” of the plant. Over thousands of years of use, this life force energy in essential plant oils has proven to soothe, nurture and uplift the emotions (rose, lemongrass, geranium and sandalwood), heal and preserve the body (lavender, peppermint, ginger, chamomile, frankincense) and bring clarity and concentration to the mind (lemon, peppermint, basil, eucalyptus). These effects are the strongest when you place the essential oils directly onto your body as not only do you inhale their amazing aromas, but the oils work their healing magic when absorbed into your bloodstream.
Unfortunately, many companies dilute their oils, or add synthetic chemicals so that they can make a higher profit margin. This leaves consumers with a cheap, low quality “oil” that has no therapeutic value whatsoever. You will not receive healing or health benefits from a “fragrant oil” (a synthetic oil that is a copy of the original, but made from cheap synthetic ingredients). In fact, have you ever experienced headaches when you have been around a fragrant candle or air freshener? This is due the the toxic chemical ingredients found in these so-called pure essential oils and your body is saying “Stay away!”.
The best way to know if the oils you are looking to buy really are 100% pure essential oil, and not a synthetic fragrant oil, is to learn about the company who is selling the oil. Here are some some things to look for:
- Does the company offer certified organic essential oils?
- Is the company dedicated to the health and wellbeing of you and the planet by offering an organic product range, or do their other products contain synthetic chemical ingredients?
- Look for oils that are certified organic with USDA or ACO.
- Also look to make sure they are putting their name or brand on the label to show you that they stand behind the oils they sell. Don’t trust a company that doesn’t put their label and brand on their bottles.
- Make sure you can see the botanical name of the plant on the label/website so you know the oil came from a plant and not a chemical laboratory.
- Are the oils from first distillation or have they been distilled two or three times resulting in a “watered” down oil?
Overall, remember there are so many beautiful, amazing healing benefits when you buy essential oils to use for your emotions, body and soul. Investing in the purest quality, organic essential oils is investing in your holistic health and wellbeing.
Tennille Chambers is a massage therapist and a lover of natural and organic products and remedies. She has worked in the natural/organic skin care industry for over 10 years including representing 3 of Australia’s largest natural/organic skin care companies.